A life update
As many of you know, I am going to be an RA (resident advisor) at Gordon College this year. That means that I am in charge of counsel, discipline and social life on my floor.
I am in the middle of training right now. All this week I am going to RA school, heh heh. We have been learning many rules, going over "open hall" policies, drug and alcohol regulations, and many other small things. We have also gone over our responsibilities as RA's and as leaders in our dorm hall. The hardest thing seems to be with dealing with things like emotional problems and people who are sucidal... I have heard all the horror stories... :-{
But I am ready for this year and I am excited about life here. I have found out that I have NO returning students, only freshmen on my floor. Me in charge of 20 freshmen. And 3 or 4 of them are on sports teams... I guess I shouldnt stereotype people, but the "jocks" are usually the partiers and I hope that I dont have trouble with that... Either way, I'll make it work.
I am in the middle of training right now. All this week I am going to RA school, heh heh. We have been learning many rules, going over "open hall" policies, drug and alcohol regulations, and many other small things. We have also gone over our responsibilities as RA's and as leaders in our dorm hall. The hardest thing seems to be with dealing with things like emotional problems and people who are sucidal... I have heard all the horror stories... :-{
But I am ready for this year and I am excited about life here. I have found out that I have NO returning students, only freshmen on my floor. Me in charge of 20 freshmen. And 3 or 4 of them are on sports teams... I guess I shouldnt stereotype people, but the "jocks" are usually the partiers and I hope that I dont have trouble with that... Either way, I'll make it work.
Comments