Animal rights protesters
I just got an email about how animal rights activists are protesting in Oxford and how we should avoid the area where they will be protesting because it is common for the protests to end up in violent clashes with the police. What caught my attention was that our tutor mentioned the fact that the riot police use a lot of mounted cops and K9 units. I didn't think much of it because both security measures are common at riots or protests, but then I read that they use a greater amount of them than normal because the animal rights protesters will not fight against or harm the horses or dogs or any other animals that are used against them. I my mind I could picture a protester throwing Molotov cocktails and punching a cop and then getting jumped by a German Shepard. Trying to both run away and confront the dog with words, the protester calls out desperately to the animal as he is pulled down by another k9 eager to get a piece. Curled up in a ball he calls out to the dogs that he is their friend. In the middle of this ironic daydream it occurred to me. Why not use riot bears? How much more fun and effective would it be to have this scenario reenacted with bears charging the crowd, flinging protesters aside like flies, swinging them around in their mouths like rag dolls? hmmm..... bears.
Comments