"To do" list:
Every so often I sit down, either with someone else or on my own, and consider my life and what I want to do with it. I do not mean what my 'destiny' or life vision or anything grand like that. I am talking about the little things, the side projects, the things that make me happy or excited to dream about. I usually make a list of goals. Most of them are attainable or possible and I would like to attain them within the next 10 years. I figured I'd share them with you:
- Live on a 'new' continent for an extended period of time: By extended period of time I mean over a year or two at least. If not, I'd go for living on a two for a year each hehe. So far I have only lived in North America and Europe. That leaves Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania. I would prefer not to live in Antartica for 2 years if I can help it.
- Get something published: It doesn't have to be a best seller. It doesn't even have to be a novel. A short story, an article, or poem in a magazine or journal would be just fine.
- Change someone's life: I know, I know... this one sounds megalomaniacal, impossible, and egocentrical. But I just mean that I want to do something with my life that makes a difference for someone. I don't just want to live for myself. And honestly, how many people you run into really do leave an impact? Probably more than you realize. I just want to do something for someone that we can both look back on later and be proud of. Whether this is accomplished interpersonally or vocationally I don't really care.
-Record an Album: Again, I am not looking for a top 40. I don't know if I am even asking for a record label. I just think it would be cool to record my songs (of which I don't have enough for an album yet... I should get crackin). I think it would be kind of fun to sit down in a recording studio with some friends and get some stuff together. Like a hobby more than anything.
- Live on a 'new' continent for an extended period of time: By extended period of time I mean over a year or two at least. If not, I'd go for living on a two for a year each hehe. So far I have only lived in North America and Europe. That leaves Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania. I would prefer not to live in Antartica for 2 years if I can help it.
- Get something published: It doesn't have to be a best seller. It doesn't even have to be a novel. A short story, an article, or poem in a magazine or journal would be just fine.
- Change someone's life: I know, I know... this one sounds megalomaniacal, impossible, and egocentrical. But I just mean that I want to do something with my life that makes a difference for someone. I don't just want to live for myself. And honestly, how many people you run into really do leave an impact? Probably more than you realize. I just want to do something for someone that we can both look back on later and be proud of. Whether this is accomplished interpersonally or vocationally I don't really care.
-Record an Album: Again, I am not looking for a top 40. I don't know if I am even asking for a record label. I just think it would be cool to record my songs (of which I don't have enough for an album yet... I should get crackin). I think it would be kind of fun to sit down in a recording studio with some friends and get some stuff together. Like a hobby more than anything.
Comments
But yeah, I think it is all attainable, even within the next 10 years. Less if I really tried for it, but as of now they are just things that I hope will happen "along the way", so to speak.
Maybe Carlos M. (you know who I'm talking about) can give you a few tips on how to record an album, he's got loads of experience!. Now, that's 2 of your dreams achieved!.