Rest in Peace

Will was a Westmont student who attended the Gordon-at-Oxford program I was at last year. He was the only non Gordon student there, which speaks loads about his character. He wasn't afraid of life or of challenges and was never afraid of joining something where he would be an outsider. Of all of us 15 students in our program last year, he was one of the ones that I thought would be most successful. He had the heart and spirit of the western settlers and was constantly looking for new and unexplored land to take on. He lived life with zest. Everything he did was done enthusiastically, whether it be going up and down the stairs (which me did 3 steps at a time) or playing sports (which always left him caked in mud and bruises). He was a great person to party with, an unpredictable poker player and had a great sense of humor. I am heartbroken to hear that he died this weekend, while driving to Phoenix to join a business firm that had recognized the potential we all saw so clearly. Rest in Peace Will, heaven is a better place now that you are in it.


Will Wiersma was a great guy and he died this weekend. Somehow I feel he deserved a tribute.
Comments