Another day, another....

Life has been fairly even keeled lately. Slowly my life is turning into a routine of work and urban travel. Get up early, get on bus, go to work, get on subway, go to work, get on train, go to work, get on bus, come home, go to sleep, get up... The monotony of it all is mind numbing, but I am slowly getting used to it and learning to make other goals to keep myself entertained.
I am a bit strange, I think most people that know me will concede that this is true. While some people would set long term goals for themselves, I tend to try smaller day to day ones to keep myself entertained. Sometimes I get up and decide that I will walk two bus stops down instead of getting the bus from the normal place. Or I see if I can get away with wearing tennis shoes with my suit, or I think 'today I will have tea and steak,' or go out a subway exit that I have never been out of, or any number of strange tiny changes that will make me view my repetitive life from a different angle.
That is not to say that I do not set larger more 'worthy' kinds of goals for myself either, but they affect you differently. It is good to know that you are going somewhere, even if the path that leads there is monotonous. But it is the small things that really keep it from killing you before you reach the large goodness.
Anyway, it is 6:30 in the morning right now and I am about to head off to work. I am writing at this hour though because I realized that I had not updated the blog in a long time. It is only partially my fault, as my computer doesn't get an internet connection until the internet company decides to come over and fix it. So from time to time I am able to sneak a peek at my apartment-mate's computer to check email and such, but rarely am I able to really take time to write on my blog. Hopefully this situation will change soon and I will have more available inspired time to start writing again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ryan, I like that you change things up. I'm going to have to give it a try. I fall into routines and habits so quickly and don't ever think to change them. Maybe today I'll have rice instead of pasta. No, that would never do.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs