Spotted in Oxford

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a different way to approach the issue!
Anonymous said…
Actually, its quite old. In 1968 there was a wave of student and worker riots, strikes and marches and such around Europe and North America (including Mexico). Paris was the most reknown nucleus of activity. That precise sentence was spotted many times graffitied on the walls of the capital of France as youth lost their hope in this "fair" government system that promised the rewards of consumerism. This all ended with lovely Gaulle managing to step down and still repress people, quite impressive.
Other interesting graffiti seen:
"Since 1936 I have fought for wage increases. My father before me fought for wage increases. Now I have a TV, a fridge, a Volkswagen. Yet me whole life I've been a chump. Don't negotiate with the bosses. Abolish them."
"The boss needs you, you don't need him."
"How can one think freely in the shadow of a chapel?"
and my personal favorite: "Alcohol kills. Take LSD."

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs