The greatest ROCK band

As I am one that is always doing lists, I have often put together a band in my brain comprised of all the musicians I like. Below I have made up the band that I would like to make music together. Ideally, in my mind, I am singing for this band, but as you can see I put Jeff Buckley down as lead singer because he is the only singer that I could think of that really taps the sounds that I would choose. As to the rest of the band, they are all great musicians that I think would play well together and work to create the sound that my brain hazily visualizes.

All Star Rock Band:

Lead Singer: Jeff Buckley
Lead Guitar: David Guilmore (Pink Floyd)
Secondary Guitar: Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine)
Bass Player: John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)
Drummer: Jimmy Chamberlain (Smashing Pumkins)

These musicians aren't necessarily the greatest in their instrument, though they are certainly up there, but they are put together to create the sound I want. Yes, I know Steve Vai is a greater virtuoso than Gilmore, or that Victor Wooten can play better than John Paul Jones. But frankly they play a different style than what I want. For example, I love Freddy Mercury and really wanted to include him, but he wouldn’t fit the more ethereal "wall of sound" style I am looking for. These guys are the greatest in their field. (Even though I will say that you will be hard pressed to find a better drummer than jimmy Chamberlain...). But like all decisions, there are other (a bit less "classic choice") musicians who also came to mind for my band:


Runner Ups:

Lead Guitar: Buckethead
Secondary Guitar: James Iha and Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)
Bass Player: Mark Stoermer (the Killers)
Drummer: Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)


Next time... I'll put together the greatest Jazz band of all time. Do you care? Probably not. But this is my blog and I do what I want with it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow!!! lead guit david guilmore you got that right
for shure you know your stuff

but steve vai a (greater virtuoso) please
he probly wouldent play the way he does if guilmore
dident pave the way whit all is experementing whit sound
blending the unblendable to reach perfection that made
is stuff classic
dont get me rong the other members of is former band pink floyd was allso a perfect match in there own instuments and way of visualizing there master pieces

guilmore solo still amaze me and even gets a tear or 2
wen he plays

mabie guilmore is just my favorite of all time and is blinding me from the truth but hey!!!!
what can i say i like it that way lol

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Photos of Ireland