Our house... in the middle of... Madrid

Our new house is pretty cool. Check it out: (please feel free to click the pics for a larger version, it is usually worth it or at least it is in the last one)




Here we see two of my apartment mates sitting in our commodious living room area. Brian is on the couch facing us, speaking to one of his many lovers. Dan is on the other seat, most likely contemplating a way to kill you using nothing but his uvula and half a stick of butter.



And here is the missing apartment mate, Kenny, playing a little (ok, a lot) of Prince of Persia on the playstation. It just wouldn't be a guy's apartment without some sort of computer gaming going on.



This is my room. Humble and Spartan, but bigger than the past 3 rooms I have had during the past couple of years.



The nice thing about my room is that it overlooks the city and has a lot of light.



And here is a panoramic view of what I see when I step out onto my balcony in the morning. Rooftops, windows, antennas, and the silesian monastery in the distance. The clouds are particularly nice at night, when the light pollution from the metropolis coats their vaporous underbellies with an orange glow that contrasts nicely with the dark sky.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the pics!

I can almost smell it from here...
Anonymous said…
Nice digs. Who owns all the books?
Anonymous said…
the books belong mostly to kenny. The shelves were full of books before we got there though, most of the extreme right or catholic nature; some opus dei and fracoist apologeticists, old encyclopedias, and that sort of thing. Though they had some sweet stuff too, I mean, they had some Saul Bellow and stuff. But kenny moved it out and put in the books he has accrued during the past 4 years of college. I just left mine at home.
Anonymous said…
I found "Being There" in the Gordon library, and as you had given it such a high recommendation, I couldn't pass it up. Erin had never seen "The Pink Panther," so she checked that out and our apartment has consequently had its dose of Peter Sellers.

I never replied to your "Hope is Emo" link, but I did consider it sufficiently funny to share with my friends.

Your apartment looks great, and your room is definitely an improvement on Boulter Street.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs