And so it starts
College is done. This much I am certain of. Now I have joined the masses of "suits." I am one of many zombie faced humans that shuffles through the subway halls in the early morning. I am one of the white earphone wearing, wool clad, briefcase bearing denizens of the corporate world. I have become what I always swore I would never be. I get up before the sun is up and get back after it has set, like some sort of daytime vampire who evades the sun's rays in the safety of a cubicle or behind an office wall. At least pawning your soul pays well when you sell it to the almighty dollar.
But life is not all terrible. Since I last wrote on my little piece of cyberspace, I have found an apartment and I have completed my job training. As to the first order of business, my new home is quite nice. It has 5 rooms for 4 people, which means we have room for guests if the need arises. The living room is also really large, which is a rarity in Spain. My other apartment mates have moved in and we are all getting used to the way things are going to work out. In all honesty, life will change a bit once we all start working in earnest. The past couple of days have been spent buying the bits and pieces that we lacked, as well as setting up and playing placated games. You can take the man out of the college, but you can't take the college out of the man.
I am the only one that has found full time work so far. As I was saying, I just finished my training and received my diploma as "official soul sucker." In other words, I am ready to be sent off to different companies to teach English to tired businessmen. This week has been relaxed though, because I am still waiting for the company to assign me my hours and clients. Fortunately I get paid a guaranteed minimum regardless, so I've been pretty happy this week. Much of this happiness has been due to the deep fryer that we bought. My body will hate me, but my taste buds will jump for joy.
But life is not all terrible. Since I last wrote on my little piece of cyberspace, I have found an apartment and I have completed my job training. As to the first order of business, my new home is quite nice. It has 5 rooms for 4 people, which means we have room for guests if the need arises. The living room is also really large, which is a rarity in Spain. My other apartment mates have moved in and we are all getting used to the way things are going to work out. In all honesty, life will change a bit once we all start working in earnest. The past couple of days have been spent buying the bits and pieces that we lacked, as well as setting up and playing placated games. You can take the man out of the college, but you can't take the college out of the man.
I am the only one that has found full time work so far. As I was saying, I just finished my training and received my diploma as "official soul sucker." In other words, I am ready to be sent off to different companies to teach English to tired businessmen. This week has been relaxed though, because I am still waiting for the company to assign me my hours and clients. Fortunately I get paid a guaranteed minimum regardless, so I've been pretty happy this week. Much of this happiness has been due to the deep fryer that we bought. My body will hate me, but my taste buds will jump for joy.
Comments