Dream Ideas
I have mentioned before how dreams constantly impress me. By dream I mean what your brain does while your consciousness is involved in the physical act of sleeping... it blows my mind. I often am impressed about what people dream about, because they have actually come up with the whole thing. There are a lot of people who claim to be unoriginal or uncreative that then have crazy dreams on the side. Those dreams are not created by some sentient dream being who then hands out the plots and ideas randomly. Dreams are created by the actual person's mind. If you dream about a blender that can turn into a semi automatic machine gun, then you came up with that idea; your mind created it.
My mind has recently been on an interesting dream spree. This week I dreamt that I was speaking with Brett Johnson's parents. I spoke with them for a long time in the dream. The thing is, I don't know his parents. In all honesty, I barely know Brett except that he was in the Gordon choir with me for a year. Nevertheless, I spent a night in a house that seemed to belong to his family. It was all rather real... until the electrical appliances decided to attack me. The waffle iron came chomping down the hallway. The toaster was red with fury. The vacuum cleaner reared up with rage. And all the electrical cables came slithering across the room, trying to bite me, to sting me with their two pronged heads. That's when I started realizing that it wasn't real life.
But last night, for example, I had a dream that was pretty cool. I was part of some sort of international congressional committee. It was sort of like the UN, except that it didn't have any politicians. It was on the scale of the UN, maybe even bigger, except that everyone there was from a normal walk of life. There was a farmer from southern France, a factory worker from eastern China, a preacher's wife from Lagos Nigeria, a student from Ho Chi Min city, a bus driver from San Francisco, a student from Buenos Aires, a... well, you get the idea. And in the middle of it all, I was there. I am not sure exactly how I got into it. I believe that Kenny (one of my best friends/apartment mate) got into it first and I just tagged along to the conference with him and somehow ended up becoming part of it all. But I woke up impressed with myself. I had just come up with a real "house of commons" on a global scale. It was really neat, the dynamic of the group was good. We convened to hear and decide about real issues that affected real people. No one was trying to scam anyone there. It was just normal people trying to figure out what was best for the planet.
My mind has recently been on an interesting dream spree. This week I dreamt that I was speaking with Brett Johnson's parents. I spoke with them for a long time in the dream. The thing is, I don't know his parents. In all honesty, I barely know Brett except that he was in the Gordon choir with me for a year. Nevertheless, I spent a night in a house that seemed to belong to his family. It was all rather real... until the electrical appliances decided to attack me. The waffle iron came chomping down the hallway. The toaster was red with fury. The vacuum cleaner reared up with rage. And all the electrical cables came slithering across the room, trying to bite me, to sting me with their two pronged heads. That's when I started realizing that it wasn't real life.
But last night, for example, I had a dream that was pretty cool. I was part of some sort of international congressional committee. It was sort of like the UN, except that it didn't have any politicians. It was on the scale of the UN, maybe even bigger, except that everyone there was from a normal walk of life. There was a farmer from southern France, a factory worker from eastern China, a preacher's wife from Lagos Nigeria, a student from Ho Chi Min city, a bus driver from San Francisco, a student from Buenos Aires, a... well, you get the idea. And in the middle of it all, I was there. I am not sure exactly how I got into it. I believe that Kenny (one of my best friends/apartment mate) got into it first and I just tagged along to the conference with him and somehow ended up becoming part of it all. But I woke up impressed with myself. I had just come up with a real "house of commons" on a global scale. It was really neat, the dynamic of the group was good. We convened to hear and decide about real issues that affected real people. No one was trying to scam anyone there. It was just normal people trying to figure out what was best for the planet.
Comments