In my egomania...
I want to be DH Lawrence, but with my books only being banned in countries without literary awards.
I want coffee not to be bitter
I want to be a beat poet, without the bongos and berets
I want to be able to talk to animals, but only when I feel like it
I want to be a Romantic poet with their flowers and birds, but where more than one gets shot mid-flight on its way to the nest
I want to get a cancer that evokes sympathy but that secretly gives me superpowers instead of hurting me
I want to be Oscar Wilde without the legal woes
I want to be paid for no reason
I want to be Shakespeare without the ambiguous identity
I want to be worshiped without wanting to be worshiped
I want to be Emily Dickenson with a thong and bigger boobs
I want to write the great 20th century novel in the 21st century
I want to be Chaucer without the morals in my stories
I want to have a muse that I can turn on and off
I want to be Whitman, but better looking
I want to be a chaste whore
I want to be Hemingway but without killing myself
I want to live without dying, but sometimes viceversa
I want to be Ted Hughes, but without a dead Silvia Plath
I want a machine that ends automation
I want to be Shel Sliverstein, but with a Nobel Prize
I want to be a communist, but with money and a clear conscience
I want to be Virgil, only not in Dante's Inferno
I want for thre to be such a thing as "hot snow"
I want a lot of things.
I want coffee not to be bitter
I want to be a beat poet, without the bongos and berets
I want to be able to talk to animals, but only when I feel like it
I want to be a Romantic poet with their flowers and birds, but where more than one gets shot mid-flight on its way to the nest
I want to get a cancer that evokes sympathy but that secretly gives me superpowers instead of hurting me
I want to be Oscar Wilde without the legal woes
I want to be paid for no reason
I want to be Shakespeare without the ambiguous identity
I want to be worshiped without wanting to be worshiped
I want to be Emily Dickenson with a thong and bigger boobs
I want to write the great 20th century novel in the 21st century
I want to be Chaucer without the morals in my stories
I want to have a muse that I can turn on and off
I want to be Whitman, but better looking
I want to be a chaste whore
I want to be Hemingway but without killing myself
I want to live without dying, but sometimes viceversa
I want to be Ted Hughes, but without a dead Silvia Plath
I want a machine that ends automation
I want to be Shel Sliverstein, but with a Nobel Prize
I want to be a communist, but with money and a clear conscience
I want to be Virgil, only not in Dante's Inferno
I want for thre to be such a thing as "hot snow"
I want a lot of things.
Comments
Also, I would hvae picked you for the bongo, beret guy.