Prose before Hos

I am sure some of you have seen this t-shirt design before:



It obviously plays off the saying "bros before hos" (meaning, put your guy friends before chicks). I really liked it at first. I thought it was clever and funny, and nerdy for an english major. However, then I noticed that Shakespeare is on it. We don't have any of his prose, if he ever even wrote any. I mean, he excelled in every form BUT prose. Shouldn't they have put the drawing of a famous novelist or something? But I dont know who would be recognizable enough... anyone?

Comments

alamedero said…
Mark Twain?

He seems more or less recognisable as he did have quite the public persona as well as being an excellent writer of prose.
Ryan said…
ah! good one!
Anonymous said…
steven king or john grisham of course
Ryan said…
I wouldnt recognize john grisham's face, now would most people I think. Steven king would be better, cause he is weird looking, but still not the greatest icon that I would want representing Prose writing...
Anonymous said…
well, i was sort of just being stupid.. i've never seen john grisham, but eva went to a lecture he gave once. i've seen steven king, but i don't remember what he looked like. i just remember that line from some movie about steven king coming to town and scaring someone... what movie was that again?
Ryan said…
hmm...not sure which one it is
Anonymous said…
eva-

isn't it Stephen King?? (as opposed to steVen)?? I don't recall....
Mark Twain has most characteristic facial features- he'd be a good one.. I can't think of many other famous novelist faces, really.
Ryan said…
your right, it is Stephen.
Reesa Wood said…
heck no! virginia woolf... who could mistake that face.
Anonymous said…
sorry for commenting in an old thread but surely nobody's better for the the job than good old dostojevskij, if you have ever seen his picture you'll recognize his face
Anonymous said…
What about Geoffrey Chaucher? The King of Irony.
Anonymous said…
Shakespeare's plays are about 60 percent prose.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs