music stuff
Some random things that all have music in common:
- The other day I realized that I have 36 GB of music. That is 21 days of constant music. And yet I seem to listen to the same stuff over and over. Usually I get something new and devour it over and over until I get something else and then I rarely go back to the old. Sure there are some staples like Simon and Garfunkel, Ray Lamontagne, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, and many more, but on average I keep rehashing a small amount of my tunes. So I am in the process of listening to everything I have once through. There is quite a bit of stuff that I hadn't listened to in a long time, stuff that I don't particularly cherish anymore, but that is part of the activity. Everything must go!
- I have been going to vocal therapy for the past month and a half. It is basically like going to a physical therapist, but for your voice. You do exercises to stimulate different muscles in your singing apparatus: diaphragm, lower vocal cords, upper vocal cords, different muscles in the throat. It has actually been helping quite a bit.
I tend to share my "class" with another person and the therapist helps us both work through different exercises. For the past two weeks I have shared with a mexican girl named Julieta. She is nice. She has made me wonder if there are a lot of Julietas in Mexico, because there is a famous singer named Julieta Venegas. I guess the name isn't as common as I suspected though, because this Julieta and the grammy winning singer are one and the same. Yep, I have been doing absurd vocal stretchings with Julieta Venegas and didn't even know it until a couple of days ago. I still don't know which is funnier, the fact that I am in class with a famous singer or that I didn't know who she was for so long. Oddly enough, I actually kind of like her music. Of all the latin pop artists she is one of the few I enjoy, along with Jarabe de Palo and Manu Chao. She has fun instrumentation, like accordions and tubas.
-Last week my doc said I could sing a bit. I did:

It was quite fun. I hadn't sung anything since October. I can still tell I am not fully recovered. I am at an 80% of what I should be, but the fact that I am improving is tremendously encouraging. The only problem is that my acid reflux problem doesn't want to go away... I need to see a specialist to see what the root of the problem is. Your prayers in this area would be appreciated.
- The other day I realized that I have 36 GB of music. That is 21 days of constant music. And yet I seem to listen to the same stuff over and over. Usually I get something new and devour it over and over until I get something else and then I rarely go back to the old. Sure there are some staples like Simon and Garfunkel, Ray Lamontagne, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, and many more, but on average I keep rehashing a small amount of my tunes. So I am in the process of listening to everything I have once through. There is quite a bit of stuff that I hadn't listened to in a long time, stuff that I don't particularly cherish anymore, but that is part of the activity. Everything must go!
- I have been going to vocal therapy for the past month and a half. It is basically like going to a physical therapist, but for your voice. You do exercises to stimulate different muscles in your singing apparatus: diaphragm, lower vocal cords, upper vocal cords, different muscles in the throat. It has actually been helping quite a bit.
I tend to share my "class" with another person and the therapist helps us both work through different exercises. For the past two weeks I have shared with a mexican girl named Julieta. She is nice. She has made me wonder if there are a lot of Julietas in Mexico, because there is a famous singer named Julieta Venegas. I guess the name isn't as common as I suspected though, because this Julieta and the grammy winning singer are one and the same. Yep, I have been doing absurd vocal stretchings with Julieta Venegas and didn't even know it until a couple of days ago. I still don't know which is funnier, the fact that I am in class with a famous singer or that I didn't know who she was for so long. Oddly enough, I actually kind of like her music. Of all the latin pop artists she is one of the few I enjoy, along with Jarabe de Palo and Manu Chao. She has fun instrumentation, like accordions and tubas.
-Last week my doc said I could sing a bit. I did:

It was quite fun. I hadn't sung anything since October. I can still tell I am not fully recovered. I am at an 80% of what I should be, but the fact that I am improving is tremendously encouraging. The only problem is that my acid reflux problem doesn't want to go away... I need to see a specialist to see what the root of the problem is. Your prayers in this area would be appreciated.
Comments
Will be praying for you.
Hanna