First weekend come and gone... movies seen and liked.
Yes, I have been back at Gordon for a week now, but it seems like much longer. I cannot believe that I was in Spain only a week ago. It seems like much more time has gone by since then.
This week my dad came up to visit, which I didnt expect. He told me on thursday that he had seen a cheap flight for 150 dollars or something and so he jumped on it. We went to see a movie, which is what we have always done together, on saturday. The movie is called "Big Fish." It is directed by Tim Burton, which automatically assures you that it will be a bit different. Visually speaking it was not as imaginative or bizarre as many of his previous pictures, but it was still different. For those of you who are not Burton fans, I urge you to give it a try. It is not dark like most of his other stuff (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare before Christmas, Bettlejuice...). In fact it is a bittersweet, feel good, kind of film. However, it is weird and cool. It was well put together. It was good. See it.
Another thing I am finishing up is the western mini-series "Lonesome Dove." It was done in 1989, based on a novel. Yes, Yes, most people will cringe at the sound of the words "mini series" but I assure you that this one is quality. If you like westerns, then you will most positively like this. It has a great cast: Robert Duval, Tommy Lee Jones, Diane Lane, Angelica Huston, Danny Glover, and a whole bunch of other well known actors. Robert Duval is so good it is sick. He is a great character. If you havent seen it, watch it. It takes a little bit of time to get into it, but once you are in.... you aint gettin out cowboy.
This week my dad came up to visit, which I didnt expect. He told me on thursday that he had seen a cheap flight for 150 dollars or something and so he jumped on it. We went to see a movie, which is what we have always done together, on saturday. The movie is called "Big Fish." It is directed by Tim Burton, which automatically assures you that it will be a bit different. Visually speaking it was not as imaginative or bizarre as many of his previous pictures, but it was still different. For those of you who are not Burton fans, I urge you to give it a try. It is not dark like most of his other stuff (Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare before Christmas, Bettlejuice...). In fact it is a bittersweet, feel good, kind of film. However, it is weird and cool. It was well put together. It was good. See it.
Another thing I am finishing up is the western mini-series "Lonesome Dove." It was done in 1989, based on a novel. Yes, Yes, most people will cringe at the sound of the words "mini series" but I assure you that this one is quality. If you like westerns, then you will most positively like this. It has a great cast: Robert Duval, Tommy Lee Jones, Diane Lane, Angelica Huston, Danny Glover, and a whole bunch of other well known actors. Robert Duval is so good it is sick. He is a great character. If you havent seen it, watch it. It takes a little bit of time to get into it, but once you are in.... you aint gettin out cowboy.
Comments