The rain in spain falls gently down the drain

No, it actually isnt raining. It is nice. Sunny. Clear skies, not even freezing. I hope you New Englanders are jealous.



Time has flown here in spain. A whirlwind of meetings, parties and friends. After a week of christmas cousins, I was left to meet up with all my spanish friends. I have met up with a couple but not nearly all. I saw many of my old ECA (high school) acquaintances and friends at Chris' birthday party. His party went all night long, with different types of "entertainment." People talked and hung out for a while, watched a movie and had a little unplugged concert by Bluemilk and the Autumn Lovelies. Blue Milk sucked quite a bit... they should leave acoustic stuff behind....the Lovelies rock my world though. Seriously, their brand of unapologetically sellout pop rock is awesome. I gotta start a fan club. Then again, I think they tried to make the crowd a little more receptive with the booze that was available before the show.... haha.



For new years eve I had a friend come down from Barcelona and we went out to party it up with some mutual friends from here in madrid. I was kind of a sucky friend to kenny though. He was here for christmas and he went up with his family on saturday, with the idea that I would be joining him a couple days later for New years. However, on sunday I got wind of a nice sounding plan for a New Years party in madrid, and I decided to go to that with some friends from my church, so I also called up a friend from barcelona to go and he agreed. Unfortunately, we left kenny all alone... That shows how much I plan for things huh? Yeah, I suck.

Anyway, the party was nice though... I ate the grapes (spanish new years tradition) at home with Dan (my barcelona friend) and then we headed into madrid. The joint where the party was opened at 12:30 at night and it kicked us out at 8 AM or so. It was a lot of fun. The place was small, but full. We danced the night away with the trancelike melodies of techno and the sweet taste of a couple coctails in our mouths. I still think that Spanish girls are the most beautiful creations on God's green earth. No wonder spain has put out so many poets and painters....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs