Funny Fridays
It has been quite a good weekend I must say. I have pretty much accepted that my "main hang out group" has changed this year from my choir buddies to my evans buddies. This is neither good nor bad, for both groups have great people. It is just a slight adjustment. I probably spent 65% of my time with my choir crowd and the other 35 with my evans people. I think the numbers have been reversed now. While I am a sad that I am not able to see my old friends as much, it is clear that this year has changed and the dynamic is different. Allie is gone and I am no longer in choir. On top of it all the old crew is scattered across the face of the campus now. So, somehow I have ended up doing most of the things I do with my old group of Evans buddies. I must say that I have had a really good time with them this year. They are the kind of people that you can just sit in the living room and do absolutely nothing with for about 3 hours before deciding to drive to Krispy Kreme's at 1 in the morning. Fantastic. This happened on friday night, a night honored with decadence by faithful College students all over the world. Also a night on which we made numerous prank phone calls to freshmen, because they fall for anything. One classic prank was calling up a freshman that we knew by name and say that we were Barry Loy, dean of students. Then we would chastise them for not attending chapel regularly and threaten to call their parents. Yes, it is amazing that about 50% of those innocent college newbies fall for this trick, and desperately beg us not to notify their progenitors and promise to improve. Another classic prank is to call some male freshman claiming to be the computer center, and tell him that we have been monitoring the school network and that we have noticed that his computer has been visiting an exorbitant number of porn sites. Hilarity ensues.
Comments