Done in one place...

Today was the last day at one of the businesses that I teach at. I have been teaching there for 9 months now, which is a respectable amount of time. I have taught there for 5 hours a day during that period, making it my largest and most reliable source of income. Most of my students were middle managment types: lawyers, administrators, and accountants. Most of them were in their middle to late 30s.
I was a bit surprised when, in the middle of one of my classes, the rest of my students barged in with a couple of presents. They gave me a 'thank-you' card and a few gifts. The gifts included a very nice leatherbound notebook as well as a fancy pen and mechanical pencil set. "These is for your writing" one of them said, "after 9 months we know you a little." So I was a bit touched that they did that, none of my other students will do anything of the sort I am sure. Hopefully I will get to go back there next year. But for now things are coming to a change... summer is coming... summer is coming...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs