One down... so many more to go
Well, one of the three (minimum... *sigh*) camps that I am doing this summer is done. It was, without a doubt, the most ridiculous place I have ever been in my life. I have never been in a situation that had more hysteria or melodrama than that camp. Here is a recap of some key events:
- Girl faints on bus from heat stroke
- Girl gets punched in the face by strange boy at the public swimming pool
- Boy kicks other boy in pants and causes his penis to bleed
- Boys decide that it is easier to get into the girls room via window and climbing over the school rather than the door.
- Boys decide to jump David, Daniel and me at the pool only to end up with 2 injured spines.
- We try to teach them capture the flag only to have to quit 20 minutes later due to one semi dislocated shoulder, 1 sprained ankle and a mild concussion.
- Girl with aforementioned concussion, who was walking awkwardly, head tilted, and (I kid you not) with eyes crossed and lazy, refused to be taken to the hospital and held onto a sofa screaming. This in turn caused a massive uproar of wailing amongst the girls who claimed that this girl was going to die.
Later I will write about the "episode" that takes the proverbial cake
- Girl faints on bus from heat stroke
- Girl gets punched in the face by strange boy at the public swimming pool
- Boy kicks other boy in pants and causes his penis to bleed
- Boys decide that it is easier to get into the girls room via window and climbing over the school rather than the door.
- Boys decide to jump David, Daniel and me at the pool only to end up with 2 injured spines.
- We try to teach them capture the flag only to have to quit 20 minutes later due to one semi dislocated shoulder, 1 sprained ankle and a mild concussion.
- Girl with aforementioned concussion, who was walking awkwardly, head tilted, and (I kid you not) with eyes crossed and lazy, refused to be taken to the hospital and held onto a sofa screaming. This in turn caused a massive uproar of wailing amongst the girls who claimed that this girl was going to die.
Later I will write about the "episode" that takes the proverbial cake
Comments