Awkard...

Top 4 Songs that it is awkward for me to sing along with (but that I do anyway):


6) A one man guy, Rufus Wainwright
5) I'm not a pretty girl, Ani DiFranco
4) I am superwoman, Alicia Keys
3) My Lady's Story, Antony and the Johnsons
2) You make me feel (like a natural woman), Carole King
1) I'm just a girl, No Doubt

Comments

Jenn said…
I love how you have 6 song in your top 4 list!

Antony from Antony and the Johnsons gives me the creeps. He did before I ever even saw what he looked like, so Charles is nice and doesn't listen to them when I'm around.
Miriam said…
My top awkward song to find myself singing in public is Rufus Wainwright's "Old Whore's Diet." That manages to get Rufus and Antony (and me) singing in one gloriously sexually confused melody. Except I'm not sexually confused.

Gosh, Antony does bring awkwardness wherever he goes.
Miriam said…
Thought of another good one for singing out loud:

Damien Rice's "Woman like a Man"
Ryan said…
haha, yeah, that whole first sentence is a doozy. "top 4" should clearly be "top 6" and it should read "that ARE awkward for me to sing" not "that is".
What did you study in college? I studied English.
Anonymous said…
Don't worry about No. 1. Although it does gain a new *significance* when Rufus sings it, it was originally written by his father in order to extoll the virtues of bachelorhood.

Just here to clear up your existential crises...

-Meg

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs