Chasing Amy

Sorry I have been gone so long. The dang blaster virus killed the network here, so I hadnt had a chance to post anything. We are back and running now.





Well, two days ago I sawChasing Amy and gained a newfound respect for Kevin Smith. I saw "clerks" and it wasnt all that people hype it up to be. It was a cheaply made movie about two clerks in a video store and their everyday shallow conversations and run ins with people. It was innovative, because it gained a lot of money with pretty much no effort. But it had cheap humor shots and barely any meaningful insight to give the world.



"Chasing Amy" was quite a bit better. A very personal film about fears and preconcieved notions of love and trust. I recomend it, but not for the easily offended. There were times that even I cringed at the conversations that went on. Lesbianism plays a big part in this film, so if directly sexualy explicit (albeit humorous) conversations offend you (perhaps they should!) this might not be your film.



The script was good however, and dispite the racy content, it was intelligent and funny. It was also sad and with a bittersweet ending. Ben Affleck didnt even tick me off, which is already a plus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs