Good times, sad times

Well, I did it. I finally saw an FIF show. They put on a great show. They are a great band. I will miss them greatly. It isnt fair to them to expect them to keep playing music for the rest of their lives, but still....



The concert was packed with people into "Axis," a club downtown boston, accross from Fenway park. They overbooked the concert, and from what I hear they had to turn so many people away, that they could have done another whole concert the next night.



I was in the second row of people standing in the front. I stayed there for a couple of songs, but was getting squashed by hordes of people attempting to move up to see the band closer. I went back to the mosh pit which was great. By the end of the show, my hair was big from headbanging and my shirt was soaked with the sweat of a million different peoples... aahh, good times good times.



There were quite a few Gordon people there, but it wasnt packed with them. Nice to see that some even ventured to rock it out nicely (kudos to Becca and Oscar).



Strangely enough, it was a bitter sweet time. Reese Roeper, Jeff the girl, and Keith all cried towards the end of the concert. It must be very hard to leave something like Five Iron behind. You start a band that has a cult like following, that is influential, that is actually GOOD, and you do it for 8 whole years, pretty much full time. Then you quit. Very hard to do, but it also makes sense. I was able to talk to keith a little bit after the concert, I thanked him for all the great years of music and influence they had on my growing up. I love you five iron, thanks for the great times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Photos of Ireland