Just another day...

Sorry for not updating for a couple of days.... It is that time of year.



This is the time of year when I get ansy. You are too far away from the end to have excited expectation, but too close to ignore it. You also feel like it is too late to make a clean fresh effort, but not yet late enough to go into the last sprint of effort. So you go through the motions, putting just enough effort to get by, without aspiring for excellence.

However, I have not been in low spirits. In fact I have been quite content lately. Now, I don't know if contentment is a good thing, but it is a nice change. Also been feeling a bit hopeful, I don't know about what or why, but I am definitely not been feeling as down. I think it is because I am going to Spain this summer. I really need to get away for a bit. I really feel the need to have some leisure time. I have seen people get burnt out for not heeding their insticts telling them to pull out for a bit.



As I have mentioned before, I will be taking at least a month to simply walk. I will start in Santander, and work my way south, and see where I end up. It will be a good time. My friend David will come with me. We get along well and he understands the nature of my journey. Hopefully it will be a time of contemplation and introspection in a time set apart involving no duties or obligations.



I really don't have much to say... I saw Matrix 3 finally. Fun action sequences, but a piece of crap for the most part. The script was TERRIBLE. Could they make their pseudo philosophical ideas a little subtler at least? And could they make Neo's Christ figure allusions any more obvious? Wow, pathetic. However, the special effects were fantastic, and I must admit that I was entertained. I couldn't stop making sarcastic comments though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs