So close I can smell it

Well my friends, I am four days away from being back at Gordon. Am I having a freak out crisis? You bet your pants I am. I am not really looking forward to going back to the good ol' GC. Dont get me wrong. I know that I am supposed to go back. My time is not yet up at Gordon. But every day I feel less obligated to go back. Maybe its because some of my best friends are not going to be there anymore. Or because the questions "who am I?" and "where am I going?" have been eclipsed by the mind blowing question "who is God?" I cannot say for sure why my education seems like a waste of time... but who knows. You must remember that it is four days until I leave and my emotional switch is turned on the highest setting.



I have many reasons to want to return as well. I will have a snazzy apartment with cool people. I still have plenty of good friends awaiting my return. I love English and literature (though the quality of writing you find on this blog will not evidence that claim) and Gordon has helped me learn more in those aspects. Who knows who knows...



Anyway, today I am feeling random so I will post some randomness:



Yesterday I saw Fahrenheit 9-11. It was very good. Sure, it had tons of political propaganda cleverly disguised as emotional appeal and as objective truth... buuut, it also had some very very good points. Before I was going to vote for Nader, at least to make a point. However, I think I am voting for Kerry now to at least get rid of Bush. I don’t hate Bush. I just do not want someone with his sort of strong vigilante ideals as commander and chief of the nation. I would rather a pushover who doesnt have the "cojones" to go against the will of the people. Whether you agree with me or not, I dont really care. I just have to follow what I think is right, like we all do. I am sure there are plenty of well informed, educated people who feel strongly to vote for Bush, and that is OK. We all need to do what we think is right and let democracy take care of the rest. So watch the movie (what do you have to lose?) and keep an open mind. It is slow at some points though (this IS politics we are talking about).



Another film I heartily recommend is "City of God," a Brazilian movie about gangs and slums around Sao Paulo. I think this is probably one of the most beautifully crafted films I have seen in a very long time. The plot was good, but not great. The script was very good. However the movie really shone in editing and cinematography. In style I suppose it was comparable to some of Tarantino's work (especially pulp fiction) and to Guy Ritchie's frenetic music video imagery. This is seriously a rough film filled with some incredible eye candy.



Other media that I have enjoyed recently has been the 3 flamenco/Jazz CDs I purchased. Top notch. Also, why had I never heard anything good about the Cardigans?? They friggin' rock! Their ironic pop is pretty cool. Unfortunately they are only known for the semi-crappy song that has the line "love me love me, say that you’ll love me..." most people missed the irony and then it just turned into plain pop. However, I heartily recommend the album "Grand Turismo" which was their follow up to that hit, where they made their intentions MUCH clearer and with rockin' synthesizers to boot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs