It was late in the evening...

(ten points for whoever can identify the title of this post as a song sung by ____________)



Monday I spent the day finishing up my Classical lit. paper. I thought it turned out decent, though maybe a bit too broad themed in nature. I highly recommend the Aeneid. It is so well written. Virgil has some of the most powerful similes and metaphors that I have ever read. His thematic symbolism isnt as subtle as we may like now a day, but I like it anyway.



Today is my last day here in Spain. I will be leaving in half an hour to hopefully finish the whole process of renewing my residency.



In contrast with my last visit, this time I have done very little. Yesterday I slept until 3:30 PM, which was heavenly. Then that night I went into Madrid and went to see a movie with Kenny. We saw an Argentinean film by the same director (and cast, pretty much) as "El hijo de la novia." It was entitled "Luna de Avellaneda." It was a bit too long and drawn out, but other than that, it was good. It had some really good moments where I laughed out loud for a while. I need to go to Argentina.



I leave tomorrow, on thanksgiving. Oh well. Today we are going to have some sort of dinner substitute, just the three of us (me, my sis, and mom). We bought three tiny little birds to cook up... not pheasant... but something similar. We will see....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs