Fraternal Horticulture, or: "An observation on relationships using agronomy as a poor metaphor for friendship."
"Friends are like plants. You have to water them to keep them alive."
I dont know who said that, but it isnt always true. OK, maybe I am only starting to learn about friendship and acquaintance late in life, but I have realized that many times you can water the heck out of something, but the plant just wants to die. Its weird when you used to be good friends with someone but then they (for whatever reason) do not feel the need to keep that friendship plant alive. So your friend allows your relationship to become vegetative (pardon my pun) and there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how many times you tell them that you would like to hang out, or how many times you try to keep that ole lettuce alive, they dont want it to. Who knows why, maybe they have tired of lettuce and want to munch some cabbage. Or maybe they like meat. Or maybe they dont like hanging out with people that use these sorts of metaphors. Its a good thing I have planted friendships in many different fields, though I admit that as farmer I am shoddy at best.
I dont know who said that, but it isnt always true. OK, maybe I am only starting to learn about friendship and acquaintance late in life, but I have realized that many times you can water the heck out of something, but the plant just wants to die. Its weird when you used to be good friends with someone but then they (for whatever reason) do not feel the need to keep that friendship plant alive. So your friend allows your relationship to become vegetative (pardon my pun) and there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how many times you tell them that you would like to hang out, or how many times you try to keep that ole lettuce alive, they dont want it to. Who knows why, maybe they have tired of lettuce and want to munch some cabbage. Or maybe they like meat. Or maybe they dont like hanging out with people that use these sorts of metaphors. Its a good thing I have planted friendships in many different fields, though I admit that as farmer I am shoddy at best.
Comments