a kind of boring post I think
Since I've been here I've tried to take advantage of my environment as much as possible. And I mean this in the non academic way. During my free time I really do all the stereotypical things that people do here. I dont know if I am doing them consciously or not either. I dont know if it is because they are things I would normally do or because I am merely here. There are some that I would do normally anyway, such as going to Pubs. I am amazed that more of the Gordonites here do not do it. Its not that they dont drink, there is one group that has wine with their meals, other people have a beer or something on poker nights, and of course you have your binge drinkers. But few go to the pubs. I understand that if you are a binge drinker looking to get smashed then the pub method isn't a financially feasible way of doing so. At first I thought that if you didnt like beer then you probably wouldnt go to pubs, but all the girls that do go with me usually get a glass of wine. So I am surprised that more people do not like going to the pubs. There are a couple of us that do go once or twice a week. It is really nice to have a place that is used purely for social purposes. The cozy havens are great places to settle down in a dark corner with a pint of bitter and a couple of friends and some good conversation.
Another very british thing I enjoy is walking in the countryside and parks. The british love nature and they let it let it do what it likes much more than other western countries do. England is a very beautiful place, though it is a strange kind of beauty. A wild kind of beauty in a sense. Flora and Fauna really flourish here, even in the town. People do not presume to be able to tame the land here. Moss grows on everything, spiders make their webs in all of man's structures, flowers and herbs push their way up through bricks.
And then there is the afternoon tea. Paradoxically, I do not like tea. I never have. I can drink tea with milk or cream, I almost like it, but not really. But I love the act of afternoon tea. It is another activity that is strictly done for leisure, like going to a pub, an intimate social activity. Also, I like scones.
Another very british thing I enjoy is walking in the countryside and parks. The british love nature and they let it let it do what it likes much more than other western countries do. England is a very beautiful place, though it is a strange kind of beauty. A wild kind of beauty in a sense. Flora and Fauna really flourish here, even in the town. People do not presume to be able to tame the land here. Moss grows on everything, spiders make their webs in all of man's structures, flowers and herbs push their way up through bricks.
And then there is the afternoon tea. Paradoxically, I do not like tea. I never have. I can drink tea with milk or cream, I almost like it, but not really. But I love the act of afternoon tea. It is another activity that is strictly done for leisure, like going to a pub, an intimate social activity. Also, I like scones.