Dry Season
Wow, this has been quite a dry spell in the blogging world. No-one seems to be writing lately. I obviously havent been keeping up the blog very well either. Every-time I sit down to write something, I cant seem to think of anything to write. It is a problem. I have recently been having several reflections on religion due to the fact that I have been reading Apologia pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman, but for some reason I dont feel like sharing them here. I have considered reopening my Skeptic's Corner blog under some new format and title; a place to write my thoughts on religion, spirituality and the like. We'll see. I'll let you know if I do.
As to my life. I have been working teaching english at a company again. It isn't the greatest job in the world, but it pays the bills, which is all that matters I guess. And I dont really work that many hours a week, so that is good. I have actually managed to keep my fridays free as well as my weekends. Now I am just working on being disciplined enough to do actual music and lyric writing. I currently have about 6 songs which I would considered "finished" and "not bad".
So far the only definite musical project that I have going in my own thing. I am in the process of forming a band to back me up. We will see if they remain a nameless group to back me up (like Jeff Buckley), a named group to back me up (like Bob Marley "and the Wailers", Ben Harper "and the Innocent Criminals," or Prince's band named "The Revolution"), or even if we all just merge into a band (umm... "the beatles?"). It remains to be seen. So far two of my apartmentmates are in it. Fran, a really good drummer, and Dan, who will be playing bass. I would like a decent guitar player, but they are hard to come by that you would think. The few that I would like are either not into my kind of music (oh those Jazz guitar players....) or dont live in Madrid. So for now I guess I will continue to play myself, though I suck at playing the guitar and singing at the same time. I lose tempo when I "get into it".
Does this interest anyone? Hard to say. But at least I've updated finally. I've gotten that monkey off my back. I love that expression.
As to my life. I have been working teaching english at a company again. It isn't the greatest job in the world, but it pays the bills, which is all that matters I guess. And I dont really work that many hours a week, so that is good. I have actually managed to keep my fridays free as well as my weekends. Now I am just working on being disciplined enough to do actual music and lyric writing. I currently have about 6 songs which I would considered "finished" and "not bad".
So far the only definite musical project that I have going in my own thing. I am in the process of forming a band to back me up. We will see if they remain a nameless group to back me up (like Jeff Buckley), a named group to back me up (like Bob Marley "and the Wailers", Ben Harper "and the Innocent Criminals," or Prince's band named "The Revolution"), or even if we all just merge into a band (umm... "the beatles?"). It remains to be seen. So far two of my apartmentmates are in it. Fran, a really good drummer, and Dan, who will be playing bass. I would like a decent guitar player, but they are hard to come by that you would think. The few that I would like are either not into my kind of music (oh those Jazz guitar players....) or dont live in Madrid. So for now I guess I will continue to play myself, though I suck at playing the guitar and singing at the same time. I lose tempo when I "get into it".
Does this interest anyone? Hard to say. But at least I've updated finally. I've gotten that monkey off my back. I love that expression.
Comments
2.- I'm interested in everything you write. Keep it up.