Out in the mountains
I went to the mountains yesterday. Whenever I have had enough of city living, or my employment, of my friends, and when I am feeling spiritually dry, I take off to the mountains. To me nature is an elixir of the soul. I begin walking up into the hills, watching the cities and towns grow smaller, and somehow it puts the whole thing into perspective. It makes me feel small, and I like that.
As my body begins to feel the stretching and movement of its muscles, the physical stress seems to replace the psychological one. As the mountains lead me into the clouds, the fog in my brain seems to rise for some reason.
Today I am sore. I am out of shape. In pretty much every way. I am unfocused in mind and resolve, scrawny in body, deflated in enthusiasm and heart... it has just been one of those couple of weeks.
A day out in nature is quite good for me. I get back sunburned and tired, but somehow things seem better. When I begin to make the same dumb mistakes as I was before, I am able to see what I am doing wrong.
I think I should make a point to get out amongst the rocks and trees on a more regular basis. Why I am telling all of you this though, I dunno. For the sake of writing I guess. Maybe you should get your butt out to the mountains more frequently.
thank you and goodnight
As my body begins to feel the stretching and movement of its muscles, the physical stress seems to replace the psychological one. As the mountains lead me into the clouds, the fog in my brain seems to rise for some reason.
Today I am sore. I am out of shape. In pretty much every way. I am unfocused in mind and resolve, scrawny in body, deflated in enthusiasm and heart... it has just been one of those couple of weeks.
A day out in nature is quite good for me. I get back sunburned and tired, but somehow things seem better. When I begin to make the same dumb mistakes as I was before, I am able to see what I am doing wrong.
I think I should make a point to get out amongst the rocks and trees on a more regular basis. Why I am telling all of you this though, I dunno. For the sake of writing I guess. Maybe you should get your butt out to the mountains more frequently.
thank you and goodnight
Comments