Let's see some more

Every now and then I see a movie or television show and think... "Man! why don't you see *insert actor or actress' name* more often?" Because this is my blog, and most of what I write here is fairly inane anyway,Here is a list of actors and actresses that haven't gotten the recognition that they deserve yet. I would like to them with more leading roles:



Sam Rockwell
He has actually been around quite a bit, culminating, in my opinion in "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," where he was absolutely brilliant. He is a great actor with a comedic sensibility. It is perhaps that funny side of him that keeps him from getting more leading roles.




Mary Louise Parker
I first noticed her in the HBO version of Angels in America. She was so good. Then she disappeared from my radar for a while until the television show Weeds came out. Once again, I love her in Weeds. Lets hope she sticks around.




Paul Bettany
He has been in several blockbusters, but never quite managed to get himself a leading role worthy of his talent. You could have seen him in the craptacular DaVinci Code, or as the doctor in the fabulous Master and Commander. Give this guy some more goodness please!




Justin Kirk
Why not go for another Angels in America/Weeds alumnus? He carried one of the leading roles in the 80s drama and is a hilarious character in Weeds. So far he has only really done television. I would love to see him on the big screen.




Alan Tudyk
He is a hilarious comedic actor. As mediocre as the movie a Knight's Tale was, he kept me laughing. I also recently saw him in the film Death at a Funeral, which was also a bit mediocre, but in which he was hilarious. He showed his more serious side in 3:10 to Yuma, as a devoted, but crazy outlaw.




Joseph Gordon-Levitt
This guy has gone from lame-o to pretty dang cool in my book. From being just another actor from the sad show Third Rock from the Sun, to being the stoic tough as nails teenage detective in Brick. I have only seen him in those two things. But brick made me want to see him act in more movies.




John Cho

He is probably most recognizable as Harold, from Harold and Kumar. But he was pretty good in the underrated Better Luck Tomorrow.

Comments

Reesa Wood said…
Im glad you put paul bettany because I've been in love with him since I saw him in "a beautiful mind" I think he's pretty talented, not just pretty.
Anonymous said…
what a good list. I really like paul bettany.

I would also include mary louise parker and justin kirk because of their roles in angels in america and also weeds.

alan tudyk is very funny too. you should watch firefly if you haven't already.
Jenn said…
I'm going to second Ed's recommendation that you need to watch Firefly. Alan Tudyk is great in that. I fell in love with him because of that show. But then again, I fell in love with all of the characters from that show.

As a side note, he was in a small roll in Knocked Up. And of course, he played his normal role in Serenity.
Ryan said…
I forgot about bettany in A Beautiful Mind, good role indeed.

I haven't seen firefly, but I did see Serenity. Which I thought was pretty good. I guess I should pick up firefly sometime. Man, I wish I had Netflix here.
nepali keti said…
bettany...isn't he the naked guy in a knight's tale? he was really good in that too! also, wasn't he in wimbeldon...the badass tennis player? because he was hottt in that one. okay, i also like gordon-levitt because i love 10 things i hate about you: )

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs