two more songs!
I forgot two songs. One I am more or less ashamed of, and the other I am not.
Oh Holy Night, by... *cough cough* NSYNC *cough*
First of all, this is a nice song anyway. So before you judge, think of the song and agree with that part at least. Second of all, I am not sure how I ran across this song. I think I was downloading random a cappella songs, which I lamely have a a lot of. But that brings me to my second defense. It is an all vocal arrangement. And most of those guys can actually sing well, nasally, but well. And the arrangements aren't half bad. I rest my case. Judge me as needed.
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis, by Tom Waits
Ah, Tom Waits. Your gravelly voice, your poetic lyrics, your old barroom musical style. What isn't to love? You are the beat poet of the music world, the Bukowski of the songwriting scene. Always a slant that makes me cringe or smile. And almost always a look at the grungy side of society. This song is just like that. The title is fairly self explanatory.
Oh Holy Night, by... *cough cough* NSYNC *cough*
First of all, this is a nice song anyway. So before you judge, think of the song and agree with that part at least. Second of all, I am not sure how I ran across this song. I think I was downloading random a cappella songs, which I lamely have a a lot of. But that brings me to my second defense. It is an all vocal arrangement. And most of those guys can actually sing well, nasally, but well. And the arrangements aren't half bad. I rest my case. Judge me as needed.
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis, by Tom Waits
Ah, Tom Waits. Your gravelly voice, your poetic lyrics, your old barroom musical style. What isn't to love? You are the beat poet of the music world, the Bukowski of the songwriting scene. Always a slant that makes me cringe or smile. And almost always a look at the grungy side of society. This song is just like that. The title is fairly self explanatory.
Comments
Okay, so I'll admit it to. I sometimes fall victim to pop songs, including boyband ones so I can't really judge you or Eva either for that matter.
AND, O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas carol so I can forgive everything that way. Except that Pavorotti's version (which we have) I don't really like because I find his accent distracting.
no, just kidding, NSYNC isn't too bad once you've stripped them down to just their voices (or boxers... muhaha... but maybe not joey fatone). they really do know how to harmonise.
and tom waits is good (but so depressing sometimes!)--so overall, i approve. you can breathe easy. just in case my opinion was really, really important to you.
Second. Yes, jen we did make fun of all the Backstreet Boy lovers in high school. But it was more due to their fanaticism than to the actual band. I have nothing against the band itself, except that most of their music is just plain bad. They have a couple songs that are alright, but seriously nothing to be fanatic about.
Which is why Grobanites irritate me. Their near crazed fanaticism for someone whose singing sounds like Mr. Peek with vocal training simply bewilders me.
Ah, Afshaan. You can take all the points you want. I got plenty to spare.
Sradda. I have no idea what song you are talking about. Are you sure it isnt some nepali folk song.
if knowing that makes me a loser, then feel free to deduct MY cool points. see if i care.
You dont get points deducted for knowing that song though, because you probably know it because you know your friend. If anything that is an extra point or two.
p.s. eva is now making me hear josh groban singing "every problem can be solved with a TRY-angle" in my head.
in eighth grade, when sradda and i lived next door to each other in our old dorms, she told me she was a huge fan of mr. michael, and i was confused because she never listened to any of his music and i didn't expect her to even knew who he was. i asked her if she was sure she meant george michael and she was adamant that yes, he was one of her favourite singers.
so i kept this fact in the back of my mind, and eventually when the year came to a close and we were on vacation, i was shopping for gifts for my friends (it was a tradition to get them gifts every vacation), and happened upon a large poster of a very 80s and lecherous-looking george michael donning suction-tight leather pants and a gravity-defying hairstyle which may or may not have been a mullet. he was leaning against a brick wall and looking quite badass. i knew this was just the gift for sradda and picked it up right away.
when school started again and we were back in the dorms, i excitedly handed sradda the rolled-up poster, expecting her to be laugh, be excited and thank me for being such an attentive and thoughtful friend. instead she looked at it quizzically and was quiet. finally she looked up and said, "who is this?"
i was shocked and told her, "george michael, of course!" to which she responded with much protest, saying no, this was not george michael. this guy did not sing "millennium" and was not half as cute as the real george michael. i assured that this was, in fact, the real george michael, at which point a light bulb went off in her head, and she said "ooooh.... i meant robbie williams."