Autumn is starting

I dont know when it happened. But by the time I realized it, it was too late to stop it. The leaves have changed. They are now mostly made up of a series of browns, yellows and reds. I woke up today and looked outside and realized that the school is aflame with fiery colours. I dont know why that happened. God must have employed all of his angels; going from tree to tree, painting over the green boughs.

Unfortunately, it was raining today, so I could not enjoy the view as fully as I would have liked. I have also heard rumors of wind, sweeping off the sea a couple of miles away. I hope it is merciful and does not jealously strip the trees of their many coloured coverings right away. There is nothing worse than an embarrassed tree standing naked before its time. On the other hand, there are few things more beautiful than the scandalized whispers of normally prudish leaves, as they toy coyly with the caressing breeze.

At least when a strong wind comes from the east, I can sometimes smell the sea. Salt and seaweed wash up on the shore, an elephant graveyard of kelp, with no ivory to be found. So I keep its smells and leave the graying husks on the sand; a grave robber of memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs