Weekend and reviews...
This past weekend I was an RA again. The Evan's RA staff went on their bi yearly retreat. They needed someone to cover their shifts for them, and so Mindy asked last year's RAs to help out. Me and Allison split up the weekend. I took over the saturday to sunday shift. Basically it was like last year: I had to do "rounds" every couple of hours to make sure no one was doing drugs, having sex or throwing a kegger. Also, I could not leave the building, because I was the man there in case anyone happened to have an emergency. While this could be a potentially boring situation... it was fun, because 4-5 friends came over and hung out with me all day. Oh, I failed to mention that I got to stay in the RD's apartment, which is much nicer than mine, and has plenty of furniture that we could lounge on (our measly dorm has very little). So we watched movies and ate pizza. We talked for a while and hung out. It is amazing how much time I have spent with those Evans people this year. I have really begun to love them a lot.
I must recomend one of the things we watched: a series called Reno 9-11. It is quality. It reminds me of an american sort of version of the Office. There are plenty of things that its british counterpart does a lot better than the americans. I dont know what it is about british humor that is so funny... I cannot put my finger on it. However, what Reno 9-11 lacks in dripping british wit, it makes up in quality american idiocy. Unconvinced? yes it is true that many american films are very stupid, but there is plenty of crappy british television as well. But let us not forget that America has brought us such pieces of brilliance such as: Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Airplane, Naked Gun, Dr. Strangelove, Better off Dead... etc.. Oh yes. So Reno 9-11 has a little of that brilliance shining through it. It contains the sheer hilarity of spoofs (for it parodies COPS).
This weekend we also watched the butterfly effect, I dont recommend it. Thought it was well done, and well acted (suprise) by Aston Kutcher, it was very very dark and I didnt get good karma from it. Over and Out.
I must recomend one of the things we watched: a series called Reno 9-11. It is quality. It reminds me of an american sort of version of the Office. There are plenty of things that its british counterpart does a lot better than the americans. I dont know what it is about british humor that is so funny... I cannot put my finger on it. However, what Reno 9-11 lacks in dripping british wit, it makes up in quality american idiocy. Unconvinced? yes it is true that many american films are very stupid, but there is plenty of crappy british television as well. But let us not forget that America has brought us such pieces of brilliance such as: Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Airplane, Naked Gun, Dr. Strangelove, Better off Dead... etc.. Oh yes. So Reno 9-11 has a little of that brilliance shining through it. It contains the sheer hilarity of spoofs (for it parodies COPS).
This weekend we also watched the butterfly effect, I dont recommend it. Thought it was well done, and well acted (suprise) by Aston Kutcher, it was very very dark and I didnt get good karma from it. Over and Out.
Comments