one inch of impracticality

You know what annoys and confuses the heck out of me? Girls, but not just any girls (ok, most, but these in particular) but the girls who are always pulling at their pants/skirts. You know the ones I'm talking about. I see them on public transportation, in bars, and on the street all the time. The skirt wearing kind are usually seen with some sort of strip of material around their waist, either a skirt or a belt (its hard to tell these days). The thing that annoys me isnt even the length of the garment, rather the fact that they keep pulling it down as it rides up a little, trying to cover that precious one inch of flesh that I suppose they consider inappropriate. Then you have the pants wearing kind (trousers to our english readers). They have those tight, low riding, jeans that keep riding lower and lower as the night goes on, revealing more and more thong and other things. These girls spend all night trying to pull the back of their jeans up. So here is my annoyance: if you are going to wear those things, then just wear them and be proud of your lack of propriety. And if you are actually embarrassed to show off as much as you are then just wear a skirt that is an inch longer or pants that are an inch higher. It is a lot less hassle than yanking at your clothes all day.

Comments

Jenn said…
There's one snag with your suggstion. It's hard to find a skirt that's "one inch longer". They usually either come in SHORT or long. So that, among other reasons is why I don't wear skirts much. And with the pants, right now it's hard to find something remotely stylish that isn't super low-cut so that the thong/crack thing doesn't become an issue. I hate the fashion industry. That's why I live in yoga pants.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs