Tribute of the day
Congratulations Rachel, you have achieved immortality via my blog via the web. Via.
I just figured some people deserve a little Ebert and Roeper styled "two thumbs up." So why is Rachel getting a tribute? Well, because she is a kick-ass friend, that's why. Here are a couple examples:
- Sophomore year I was going through one of the darkest moments of my life. Bummed, depressed, confused and feeling very much alone. It was late one winter evening, I was sitting in my room, wishing I were dead already, trying to distract myself with a movie or something. Enter Rachel, stage right. "Ryan, you should probably go check out the kitchen." Sophomore year I was an R.A. (resident advisor). I was basically the guy on my dorm floor that was in charge of making sure that everyone was not planning on killing themselves, or breaking any serious rules. The kitchen, being a common area of the dorm, was every RA's responsibility. "Why?" I inquired, hoping that nothing serious was going on so I could find an excuse not to do anything about it. "Well, there is a couple having sex in there. They locked the door and everything." Having sex on a public countertop was, clearly, something that I was supposed to do something about. I got up, curious and reticent all at once, and walked downstairs to the kitchen area. The door was indeed locked. I knocked on the door and said I was going to use the master key. No reply. But as I opened the door I found, not a sweaty couple of bodies intertwined between the toaster and the microwave, but a small group of my friends wearing "I love RJ" t-shirts, holding a cake, and surrounded by balloons. They knew that I was going through a rough patch and they were just trying to cheer me up. It is, without a doubt, one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

- Also, this past christmas I had a 6 hour layover in NYC. My buddy rachel drove all the way down from Connecticut to have lunch with me. This would have already been a very nice thing to do, but on top of it all it was New Years Eve (driving into NYC on new years eve is not much fun). On top of all that, it was a good friend's birthday that day. So yeah, that's what I'm talking about. She is pretty much awesome and everyone should know it. I could probably go on and on with reasons and examples, but just take my word for it.
If you ever see her around. Buy her a drink, or a meal, or a car, or some sort of gadgetry from the Sharper Image.
I just figured some people deserve a little Ebert and Roeper styled "two thumbs up." So why is Rachel getting a tribute? Well, because she is a kick-ass friend, that's why. Here are a couple examples:
- Sophomore year I was going through one of the darkest moments of my life. Bummed, depressed, confused and feeling very much alone. It was late one winter evening, I was sitting in my room, wishing I were dead already, trying to distract myself with a movie or something. Enter Rachel, stage right. "Ryan, you should probably go check out the kitchen." Sophomore year I was an R.A. (resident advisor). I was basically the guy on my dorm floor that was in charge of making sure that everyone was not planning on killing themselves, or breaking any serious rules. The kitchen, being a common area of the dorm, was every RA's responsibility. "Why?" I inquired, hoping that nothing serious was going on so I could find an excuse not to do anything about it. "Well, there is a couple having sex in there. They locked the door and everything." Having sex on a public countertop was, clearly, something that I was supposed to do something about. I got up, curious and reticent all at once, and walked downstairs to the kitchen area. The door was indeed locked. I knocked on the door and said I was going to use the master key. No reply. But as I opened the door I found, not a sweaty couple of bodies intertwined between the toaster and the microwave, but a small group of my friends wearing "I love RJ" t-shirts, holding a cake, and surrounded by balloons. They knew that I was going through a rough patch and they were just trying to cheer me up. It is, without a doubt, one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

- Also, this past christmas I had a 6 hour layover in NYC. My buddy rachel drove all the way down from Connecticut to have lunch with me. This would have already been a very nice thing to do, but on top of it all it was New Years Eve (driving into NYC on new years eve is not much fun). On top of all that, it was a good friend's birthday that day. So yeah, that's what I'm talking about. She is pretty much awesome and everyone should know it. I could probably go on and on with reasons and examples, but just take my word for it.
If you ever see her around. Buy her a drink, or a meal, or a car, or some sort of gadgetry from the Sharper Image.
Comments