a sad excuse for a prison

As we speak (or write, I guess), I am a prisoner. And yes, if that would sound like a very angsty/emo introduction if I didn't mean it quite so literally. I Yes, it's true. I am stuck inside 4 walls and a roof, behind a locked door, and with no way to get out. My apartment-mates left for work this morning and, forgetting that I dont leave earlier than them on wednesdays, locked the door from the outside once they left. Unfortunately for me, my key won't open it from the inside once this happens. So I am stuck. I am supposed to go to work in an hour. I called one of the guys and he is coming to open up once he gets off of work, so maybe I will make it out on time. These things only really happen to people like me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'm trapped at work -- no one else is here right now - so i've chosen to procrastinate/slack off ... it's actually hard to procrastinate when you don't have any real work to do anyway.
Ryan said…
that is true. I would stand around, bored out of my mind, on a slow day at the shop I worked at in oxford... and yet, I had plenty of things to look up on the internet when people actually did want to buy stuff.
Anonymous said…
did you make it out on time?????
you should have climbed down the gutter from your balcony...
Ryan said…
I did make it out on time, my flatmate kenny rushed home to free me. I couldnt have climed down. I am on the 6th floor! And no gutterpipe to be seen.
Anonymous said…
ah, i see. the 6th floor could pose a problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs