soccer skills
Last night I had, yet another, random dream.
I was back at Gordon College (I think) and was hanging out with some friends when we noticed that there was a group of children playing soccer on the grass. It is always amusing to watch 6 year olds playing football because they look so strange kicking a ball that is almost as big as them. For some reason the ball ended up rolling over to us and I kicked it around a little bit and started messing with the kids. You can still remember how it was when this sort of thing used to happen to you; the adult running circles around you with no effort, pulling the ball away right when you think you have it, kicking a goal just above your head where you are too short to reach it... that is what I was doing.
Apparently it was hilarious because a crowd started forming around us. Most of the people half feeling sorry for the kids and half hoping I would foul one or two of them. But anyway, somehow the more people watched the more pressure there was to actually be better than the kids and to do something funny. This normally wouldnt have been a problem but a couple of adults had felt sorry for the kids and had decided to play on their team to even things out. One of them, randomly, was the guy that play's Jack on the television program "lost."
Towards the end of the dream I was standing in front of the goal ready to take a free kick over the lined up children and 'Jack'. I remember I was using a beach ball, which presented the problem of not being perfectly round and of not going very far (havent you ever tried to kick a beach ball really hard only to have it only move 5 feet quickly and then stop in the air and float down?). Fortunately I had a secret weapon, the children had put Jake Niess (this crazy guy I knew from high school) in the goal. Jake was going to make sure that my shot actually went in the goal, which is sort of the opposite job of a goalie. And that is where I woke up, standing in front of Jack, Jake behind him, and an oblong beach ball in front of me.
I was back at Gordon College (I think) and was hanging out with some friends when we noticed that there was a group of children playing soccer on the grass. It is always amusing to watch 6 year olds playing football because they look so strange kicking a ball that is almost as big as them. For some reason the ball ended up rolling over to us and I kicked it around a little bit and started messing with the kids. You can still remember how it was when this sort of thing used to happen to you; the adult running circles around you with no effort, pulling the ball away right when you think you have it, kicking a goal just above your head where you are too short to reach it... that is what I was doing.
Apparently it was hilarious because a crowd started forming around us. Most of the people half feeling sorry for the kids and half hoping I would foul one or two of them. But anyway, somehow the more people watched the more pressure there was to actually be better than the kids and to do something funny. This normally wouldnt have been a problem but a couple of adults had felt sorry for the kids and had decided to play on their team to even things out. One of them, randomly, was the guy that play's Jack on the television program "lost."
Comments
As to me looking like jack, that is fine with me if I get to hit on all those island honeys. He's more jacked though... that kind of stinks. For me, not for him.