cool... like that

I only have one tutorial a week now for the next couple of weeks, which means that I will be able to enjoy them fully. And they are meant to be enjoyed, for they are all related to children's literature. This week I am doing one of my personal favourites, The Wind in the Willows. If you haven’t read it and are looking for a wonderful bit of summer reading, it is a delightfully whimsical piece of post-romantic literature. And it has a badger in it. Anyone who knows anything realizes that putting a badger in your story automatically grants it entry in to the halls of literary immortality. Oh, I went to Kenneth Grahame's (the author) gravesite today and paid my respects. It was a bit sad. In the same cemetery I also found the grave of poet and inkling Charles Williams, as well as one of the fathers of Aestheticism, Walter Pater. Oxford is cool like that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've still never read The Wind in the Willows because it scared me as a child. I don't even remember why, but it did. I'll have to give it a try.

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs