The internet (part 1)

The internet has had huge social repercussions. In fact, the social repercussions are arguably larger than the economic or informative ones. Think what a huge difference that email has made on the way we keep in touch. We now have cheap and instant access to sending and receiving information across the globe. We can now make sure that our family members know how life is going, or send pictures to our friends, or contemplate if the amount of spam advertising penis enlargements is proportionate to the number of men that need them (lets hope not), and lets not even mention all the death threats we have all received implied in the content of those chain letters ("...if you liked this joke please resend it to 45 friends if you don't, then tomorrow both you and your loved ones will be hit by a bus full of rabid monkeys, flogged by the ghosts of the spanish inquisition, raped and pillaged by giant amoebas and consumed in the fire of the almighty. thanx! have a gr8 day!").
But besides email we have instant messenger, which though it has useful 'potential' (to keep people connected over great distances), it seems to basically just keep college students from developing grammar or spelling skills. Rather than being used to connect those who are far away, it seems to just facilitate conversations between people in the same college dormitory, or, in some cases, in the same room.
Of course that leads me to blogs, which seem quite pointless most of the time as well. I tend to justify my own as my version of a newsletter, where friends can check up on what I have been up to. Of course, this very post does nothing to tell you how I am doing, except maybe that I am up late and am just as ridiculous as usual. But of course, if you are reading this, then you cannot really say much against me either. Lets all just be thankful that I do not have one of those "teen angst" kind of blogs, where I post poorly written poems, or lyrics to a Dashboard Confessional song. Its funny blogging has become so predictable that there are now blog entry generators (or here and here)that spit out a random post for when you cannot think of anything to say. I am a bit relieved that most of those would seem a bit out of place here, I would hope.

... more on this later

Comments

Anonymous said…
Blog generators, dang, people are so lazy. Not just lazy, but apparently craving attention and approval. That sounded very uppity, but hey it's the truth. I have come to view my blogging as a form of therapy. Supposedly people that put their feelings on paper (or in this case on the web) are happier with who they are. Wow, I just totally confirmed my previous statements. Oh well, I am what I am. But seriously, who buys penis enlargement products? Some one has to for the spam to keep rolling out.
Anonymous said…
You didn't write about your love for Oxford and also optimism these past few days. I'm waaaaaaiting...
Anonymous said…
yeah, it is strange, the whole blog thing I mean. Why the heck do we have blogs. It is really sort of egocentric on our part. Because if we write about ourselves then it assumes that we think that we are interesting enough for others to read about, but if we write about other things then it assumes that we think that we know more than others about something. I guess that is ok in the case of somethign like engadget.com or other specialized blogs, but serioulsy, how does my rant about the internet qualify me as an expert in the area? It doesnt. It just assumes that I think enough about my opinions to write them down. Yeah, egocentrical or whatever. But then again, it all depends on your intended audience right? I write for myself and my friends, and theoretically friends are supposed to care about both what goes on in one's life and in one's opinions. So I guess that makes it alright.
Anonymous said…
What's the point of a blog if you aren't even writing your own posts? What's the point of a blog in the first place? I know you think I'm a total freak for this, but I have made some really cool friends through my blog and believe it or not, they have helped to support my through some difficult times. That sounds ridiculous, but there it is. And anyway, I can blame my blogging on you since you got me into it.

Penis enlargements are overrated.
Anonymous said…
Blogs can be pretty much anything you want it to be, i started one cause somebody asked me to jump into one, so I also started my own (i think it was kenny). I normally don't write too much stuff about me, but often will comment about something that i've experienced and start a debate off of that. Some people love to sound inteligent and write about really deep and interesting subjects, too give the impression of being smart. it's just weird, people try too hard.

and how is it that you know penis enlargements are overrated?
Anonymous said…
Because I'm a woman and I know what women are interested in and it certainly isn't the length of the penis. That's one of those stupid things that guys tell themselves to make themselves feel better (or make others feel worse).
Anonymous said…
Here you will find articles penis about serious penis enlargement products and much more like penis conditions, erection, sexual health, sexuality, jelqing, penis enlargement pills. Visit: www.sinepenis.com

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs