Encouragements

Sometimes you are feeling a little down and you dont know why. I was feeling a little discouraged this week, like I wasn't living up to what I was supposed to be doing. Like I was wandering aimlessly around, amidst confusion and trials, without purpose. I was discouraged, and a little bitter.

Today I got the extra boost I needed. This morning I read the end of the book of Job, where God confronts Job for presuming he was wise and for questioning the ways of the Lord. It was a big encouragement, just admitting that as Men we don't know the plans of God, and that he doesn't owe us any explanations. We shouldn't forget our place. As Steven Curtis Chapman put it: "God is God and I am not."

The fact that I don't understand what the heck is going on, or where I am going, should not be a cause of despair; rather it should be a cause of humility and faith building, where one is forced to admit that he cannot do it alone and only God is the one that is in charge. When you look at it that way, life is an adventure. We are depending on someone else as we step out into unchartered waters. This causes us to start the day with wonder, excitement and the fear of God; timidly saying: "Good morning God, what do you have in store for me today?"





Then today, I got to Chapel and I found that the speakers where two missionaries. They were in their mid seventies, and had been missionaries in Afghanistan for 14 years, Iran for 4, Turkey for quite a few and also in Kiergestan. In total they had been on the field for over 40 years, in countries that would kill them if they knew their true intentions. And they had such faith, such love in their eyes. They were filled with life, vibrant, so so encouraging. Heroes of the Faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs