How cool is that
There is this guy on my floor named Luke. He is quiet and very nerdy. I think he is a math major. He slouches and doesnt speak much to people. He doesn't come to any floor events either. I just thought that he was an antisocial math type person. It turns out the he IS. But he is also so much more. I heard him speaking on the phone the other day. He was pacing up and down the hall speaking on a cordless phone. I am not sure who he was talking about, but the topic of conversation was quantum mechanics. Though my knowlege on the subject is elementary at best, he was right on the money, and he was trying to reason with who ever he was talking to, doing his best to explain a theory (it was the cat with the poison in the closed box one...). He was passionate about it, articulating every explanation as if it was the key to life itself. Suddenly a man who is normally as animated as a sponge was filled with vivacity. I was impressed. Hearing him speak revealed that he is a very smart guy. But the final verdict was given when I walked into the building and I saw him pacing in the lobby, reading poetry to himself. He was reading out loud, with great energy, feeling every phrase. It is clear now, I have a genius on my floor.
Comments