Poetry

I dont know why but, I have been getting into poetry these past few weeks. I have really enjoyed reading it on my own. I need to memorize more poems. I think that it would be really great to have more poems committed to memory. Right now I am working on short ones that sort of go with themes that I like (nature, autumn, change, etc). I memorized Juan Ramón Jimenez's "Octubre" and today I am working on Robert Frost's "Acquainted with the night":





I have been one acquainted with the night.

I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.

I have outwalked the furthest city light.



I have looked down the saddest city lane.

I have passed by the watchman on his beat

And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.



I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet

When far away an interrupted cry

Came over houses from another street,



But not to call me back or say good-by;

And further still at an unearthly height

One luminary clock against the sky



Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.

I have been one acquainted with the night.





nice huh? I really liked it when I read it. It struck a chord with me. I can relate to his walks in the night, the rain, the city lights, the moon... ahh.... such a nice poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs