Writing would be cool if it didnt suck so much.

Why write when you are not saying anything? It is a mystery to me. Isn't the whole point of writing, so that you can "say something?" I have nothing to say except that I like the sound that iced snow makes when you kick it during the middle of the night. I wish I could express that in poetic terms, but I cannot. I have no clue how to write poetry. I like more classical poems. Poems with rhythm and rhyme. I can't stand most of these beat poems that are made up random of angst filled words and phrases like:



Despair, hate, frustration,

You fill me like an old urine sample

cold, vile, dirty

I weep on the floor

While you leave the toilet seat up.



Yes, that is what many people write in college. I am sure that it is not ALL bad, but I cannot take most of the modern poems of this sort. There is quite a bit of poetry that I really like, but not very much of it is modern. Of course this presents me with a problem. The world out there likes this crap, and I don't know how to appreciate it. I need someone to explain it to me. It would be nice if they showed me a bad poem of this type and contrasted it with a good one. Usually I cannot tell the difference. I wish I could write poems. I wish I could write anything worth reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs