A night at the Idiom

I just returned from an Idiom meeting. The Idiom is the school literary publication. It is published once a year, and is made up of student submitted poems and prose. I have several friends in the staff and had been invited to join their ranks on many occasions. For some reason I felt that I would be surrounded by literary geniuses, and that my opinions wouldn't be of any significance. Tonight I decided to go though, and I do not regret my decision. It was great. I have not come away from an event or meeting feeling so fulfilled in a long time. What could be better than an hour of reading poetry with a group of people that want to find the good and bad within it? It was a fun time of laughing at bad poetry and really savoring the good pieces. I also learned something about myself: I can recognize both good and bad poetry. Which is good, because I recognize that I have never written anything good. BUT that is a start. Maybe someday I will write something worth reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs