After a night of gladitorial games...

Yes it is done. I am happy. The New England Patriots won. The american football team based in Boston won the Super Bowl, and this is a very good thing. Already being hailed as "the best superbowl in history," the game had me on the edge of my seat. This is only the second time that the Pats have won the superbowl.

Fortunatelly I know how the game is more or less played and so I was able to follow without problems. I went over to a friend's house off campus to watch the game and we all ate chilli and chips and ice cream. Let me tell you, I have not seen american sports fans like those found in New England. Remember ever watching those baseball movies that take place in New York and everyone is going crazy about "the big game?" They are all true. People up here take sports (baseball in particular, but football is also big) very seriously.

Anyway, it is 1:30 in the morning and I am still up. The chilli is backfired and is keeping me up. However, I am not unhappy. I am pretty content, happy even. A good game, good time with friends... oh and not to mention the fact that this will provide a needed morale boost to the campus for a couple of days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs