Melancholy but fine
I finished "Lost in Translation" this evening. I am not sure how I felt about it. It was beautifully shot. The directing was great, and the script was awesome as well. The director really knew how to convey feeling with the shots. She did a great job. I am still trying to figure out how I feel about the messages and themes in the film though.
Oh, by the way. If anyone can arrange my marriage with Scarlett Johansen, I would be much obliged. Thanks.
I have been feeling kind of melancholy and alone lately. I don't know why. I have been going through the motions lately. I don't understand God. I realize this more than ever now. Right when I start to feel like I understand him, his will, his goodness, his control... I realize that I have no idea.
I have the MK (missionary kid) retreat coming up this weekend and I am excited about that. Last year, when I went there, for a bit I felt... I dunno... safe. Surrounded only by people who were just as confused as me, and in the same ways, it was a good time. We all put our barriers down, in ways that I don't think we did at School. I think I need this weekend.
The more time I am away from Spain, the more disconnected I get from it. I get back and people have met new people, new relationship have blossomed. Some old groups of friends have crumbled in my absence (in some cases BECAUSE of my absence). When I go back I love it, but it hurts. I am not able to settle down, because I know I will be leaving again. The endless curse of the MK; cursed to be restless I guess. So, while I am getting more separated from Spain, I don't seem to be getting any more at home here either. I just feel like leaving right now. Going somewhere in the middle of nowhere and forgetting the problems of life. Sorry to be so pessimistic right now, I can't help it.
On the lighter side, check out this web page. It is a web page to an MK school in Ivory Coast. It is interesting, however, because it shows the school during the civil war a couple of years ago. It shows the kids and faculty having to evacuate with the military. Seriously, look at all the pictures and captions, it is really interesting.
Oh, by the way. If anyone can arrange my marriage with Scarlett Johansen, I would be much obliged. Thanks.
I have been feeling kind of melancholy and alone lately. I don't know why. I have been going through the motions lately. I don't understand God. I realize this more than ever now. Right when I start to feel like I understand him, his will, his goodness, his control... I realize that I have no idea.
I have the MK (missionary kid) retreat coming up this weekend and I am excited about that. Last year, when I went there, for a bit I felt... I dunno... safe. Surrounded only by people who were just as confused as me, and in the same ways, it was a good time. We all put our barriers down, in ways that I don't think we did at School. I think I need this weekend.
The more time I am away from Spain, the more disconnected I get from it. I get back and people have met new people, new relationship have blossomed. Some old groups of friends have crumbled in my absence (in some cases BECAUSE of my absence). When I go back I love it, but it hurts. I am not able to settle down, because I know I will be leaving again. The endless curse of the MK; cursed to be restless I guess. So, while I am getting more separated from Spain, I don't seem to be getting any more at home here either. I just feel like leaving right now. Going somewhere in the middle of nowhere and forgetting the problems of life. Sorry to be so pessimistic right now, I can't help it.
On the lighter side, check out this web page. It is a web page to an MK school in Ivory Coast. It is interesting, however, because it shows the school during the civil war a couple of years ago. It shows the kids and faculty having to evacuate with the military. Seriously, look at all the pictures and captions, it is really interesting.
Comments