Busy Change

It has indeed been a long time since I have written here. The last week has been crazy. I have been working like crazy, enslaved to my work. I spent at least 16 hours doing a paper last week, and just as many working on a media project. The paper turned out OK, but the media project is merely mediocre. I have to do a 5-10 minute movie for media production class, and so I went with a documentary (because I love them). Unfortunately, it was a dumb choice. I am doing it on Yegue, a blind student from Chad that lives on my floor, but it isn't that great. The filming was really bad, because I wasn't shooting with editing in mind, and so now I am stuck with bad footage. Also, it is hard to work with Yegue because he is blind and there is only so much you can do with him. He also is very strict as to what he wants me to capture in my mini-documentary. Well, I think I should have just done a scripted short with a plot. It would have been much easier. When we show these in class, mine will definitely not be all that enthralling compared to people's short comedies and spoofs. Oh well. Live and learn.



I am really looking forward to this summer. It is going to be great to be home. I have high hopes for my travels and cannot wait to see my friends. However, I am sad that the year is ending. I truly am. Life will change a lot next year. I am living in upperclassmen apartments next year and the community feel is just not the same. I hope I do not regret it. On the other hand many of my friends will be living in the same building as me. However, all my freshman friends will not. This really saddens me, since I have become quite close with several of them. I really value them and have started to understand them. Some of them even like me in return. Of course, some people are leaving and will not be back, and they will also be missed.



Change is never easy. I am a strange contradiction in this aspect. I despise being stuck in a situation that I cant change,(which is why I am simply terrified of commitment), and yet I hate to see a period of my life end. I am lucky enough to really look back and see the good things and somehow ignore the bad. Oddly enough I am unable to do that with the present most of the time. Oh well, I can say that I will miss my days in Evans. I had a great group of guys on my floor, many of with I hope to stay fast friends with for many years to come. I also musn't forget the fun girls of Evans, who bring a smile to my face. I will also miss some of my RA staff and my RD. Oh man... As David Bowie said "Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs