A Week in Hispania

I cannot believe I have been here a week. In some senses it feels as if I never left; in others I feel like I dont belong here anymore. Either way, it is good to be back.



It has been raining like crazy all week, ruining some of the royal wedding plans... The prince was married on Saturday. It was a very big deal, and all of madrid was primping for the event. A lot of useless protocol and stuff. It was still pretty cool though, downtown, where I work (I work 3 blocks from the royal palace) all the streets were shut down and 1500 security people were around securing the area for the prince. Twenty helicopters circled the city, and 200 snipers were on rooftops. It was INSANE. I was tempted to pay some unsuspecting tourist to walk up to the palace with a suspicious package and a turban. Instead I just served beer. Boring.



I am trying to find David a job..... I think that subconsciously he doesnt wish to work, because he doesnt make a giant effort to seek for one; not that I blame him though. Either way, we have applied for a job at an English camp at the end of the month of June. I hope we get it. We would basically be working with kids, speaking english to them and doing activities. One of my good friends, Kari Clewett, will also be working there. She is almost like a sister to me, so I am looking forward to hanging out with her. IF we get it. We would be paid a decent ammount as well. It sounds good to me: hang out with friends, slap around kids, yell at them in english, get paid.



Today I am going up to Avila with David. Avila is an ancient city, which is surrounded by a giant wall. It was a frontier city and the wall was supposed to protect it from the Moors (north african muslims). It is also famous because St. Teresa of Avila comes from that city. I have not been there since I was 9 or so, so this should be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs