The end of an era
Well, finals are almost over. I still have to present my mediocre media production project, but other than that... I am done. My tests were pretty bad I think. French was darn hard, and English was just ridiculous. The english one had the dumbest questions I think I have ever seen. I studied decently for it, I re-read all the plays that were going to be on the exam, but it was no use. You would think that if you read all sorts of pieces of drama, that on the test you would be tested to see if you understood the themes, symbols, etc. No, not with this guy. A question on the test was
"Where did Billy get slapped?"
a) the head
b) the neck
c) the back
d) the stomach
The problem is, that billy is a secondary character that appears in the story for 2 pages and is gone. The fact that he is slapped is incidental. When I get questions like this wrong, it does not prove that I have not read the material. It proves that I don't remember stupid details. Whatever... I don't even care anymore. The class is done, and so am I.
After today, I have to start helping my residents 'check out.' In other words, as they leave, I must check to see that their room is in order and stuff like that. It is kinda sad to see everyone go. At the same time, it is the end of the year, and I am very close to leaving and going home. It feels like ages since I have been home. I know I was there for christmas, but to me Spain is summertime. I am very happy I get to spend the whole summer in the country I love the most, with friends that I don't see very often.
"Where did Billy get slapped?"
a) the head
b) the neck
c) the back
d) the stomach
The problem is, that billy is a secondary character that appears in the story for 2 pages and is gone. The fact that he is slapped is incidental. When I get questions like this wrong, it does not prove that I have not read the material. It proves that I don't remember stupid details. Whatever... I don't even care anymore. The class is done, and so am I.
After today, I have to start helping my residents 'check out.' In other words, as they leave, I must check to see that their room is in order and stuff like that. It is kinda sad to see everyone go. At the same time, it is the end of the year, and I am very close to leaving and going home. It feels like ages since I have been home. I know I was there for christmas, but to me Spain is summertime. I am very happy I get to spend the whole summer in the country I love the most, with friends that I don't see very often.
Comments