My so called life

Yesterday I played trumpet at a semi formal dinner with a group of friends. We played for this dinner that was to be the final event in for a conference that was held here at Gordon. Again, I suprised myself, and I played quite well, especially toward the end. I really need to keep playing.



Today I went for a walk in the woods once again. It had been quite a while since I had done so, at least a week. The weather has not been kind up here, and the rain had not allowed me to go for my walk without coming back to my room soaked and shivering. Fortunately, today the sun was shining and the cold was not as visceral as usual. So I walked around the pond. I felt like I was seeing an old friend who I had not seen in years. The forest that I once knew had aged. The change of seasons has stripped my woods of its leafy clothing and left only a wooden frame. It was interesting to see a place which I once knew very well looking so different. The places which were dense with folliage were now easy to see through. I was finally able to see beyond those places where I once wondered "what is on the other side of these bushes?".

It was still bitterly cold. While the pond was not frozen, the puddles and swamp were.



Now it is dark outside, and I am sitting here writting at my computer...





What am I listening to: The Mars Volta.... I recommend it. Typical Prog Rock goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I think in the city on the verge of winter

Snowmelt demands movement

Blogs