The endless cycle of public transport
Well, I am cursed. Every time I try to take a trip somewhere, something happens. I spend so much time in airports and train stations I cant believe it. I should get a job a janitor for public transportation, I may as well get paid for all the time I spend in those places. But I digress...
My time in Florida was a good one. Real chill. Many movies, much chill time, much time spent annoying the heck out of Jen, , but mostly I spent my time hoping that the newlyweds weren’t fulfilling their conjugal duties.... ejem ejem...
By the way, Jen did a good job with Thanksgiving dinner.
Oh, did I mention that I saw some sting rays? Yeah, it was a highlight of my week. I had never seen those things. And you all know what I am like with cool nature stuff like that.... There were a whole bunch of them. They came up to the shore when the water was calm. They came in a big group, looking like a flock of underwater birds, gliding in the shallows.
Overall coolness factor: 9
Anyway, once I left Florida, I got on a plane and went to Charlotte NC. From there I got on a plane to Washington DC. THEN I got on a plane to Boston.
The problem arose once I arrived in the jewel of New England. I was initially going to get a ride with this one girl who was getting into Boston an hour after me. So, I got there, finished a book I was reading and sat around. Then I looked up at the monitors and noticed a small detail of great importance. Her plane had been delayed and wasn’t getting in until 11:30... it was 5:30 right then.
So I decide to try to find my way to Gordon on my own. I took the free bus to the subway. I took the subway to the North Station, where I could catch a train to the north shore of Boston, where Gordon is located. However, it was still another hour and a half before the train left.... so I walked around downtown Boston for a while. FINALLY my train arrived and I got on.. Only to realize that I didn’t know what stop Gordon was at. There are several train stations around Gordon, but I didn’t know how to walk from them to school... it is a great thing to realize once you are on the train. I didn’t fret too much, I picked the one that made the most sense on the map and sounded the most familiar. Then I sat down and listened to a phone conversation that was going on behind me. The girl that was on the phone was probably around my age and she had a beautiful north European accent... to listen to her was intoxicating, and wonderfully relaxing after such a stressful day.
I got off at the stop that I previously picked and realized that.... I didn’t know where I was.... Fortunately, I found my bearings after a bit and set off for Gordon. It was cold, but not freezing.
Unexpectedly, it was a great time. I walked for a couple of miles in the cold darkness, just singing and thinking out loud.
This is long... I'll shut up now.
My time in Florida was a good one. Real chill. Many movies, much chill time, much time spent annoying the heck out of Jen, , but mostly I spent my time hoping that the newlyweds weren’t fulfilling their conjugal duties.... ejem ejem...
By the way, Jen did a good job with Thanksgiving dinner.
Oh, did I mention that I saw some sting rays? Yeah, it was a highlight of my week. I had never seen those things. And you all know what I am like with cool nature stuff like that.... There were a whole bunch of them. They came up to the shore when the water was calm. They came in a big group, looking like a flock of underwater birds, gliding in the shallows.
Overall coolness factor: 9
Anyway, once I left Florida, I got on a plane and went to Charlotte NC. From there I got on a plane to Washington DC. THEN I got on a plane to Boston.
The problem arose once I arrived in the jewel of New England. I was initially going to get a ride with this one girl who was getting into Boston an hour after me. So, I got there, finished a book I was reading and sat around. Then I looked up at the monitors and noticed a small detail of great importance. Her plane had been delayed and wasn’t getting in until 11:30... it was 5:30 right then.
So I decide to try to find my way to Gordon on my own. I took the free bus to the subway. I took the subway to the North Station, where I could catch a train to the north shore of Boston, where Gordon is located. However, it was still another hour and a half before the train left.... so I walked around downtown Boston for a while. FINALLY my train arrived and I got on.. Only to realize that I didn’t know what stop Gordon was at. There are several train stations around Gordon, but I didn’t know how to walk from them to school... it is a great thing to realize once you are on the train. I didn’t fret too much, I picked the one that made the most sense on the map and sounded the most familiar. Then I sat down and listened to a phone conversation that was going on behind me. The girl that was on the phone was probably around my age and she had a beautiful north European accent... to listen to her was intoxicating, and wonderfully relaxing after such a stressful day.
I got off at the stop that I previously picked and realized that.... I didn’t know where I was.... Fortunately, I found my bearings after a bit and set off for Gordon. It was cold, but not freezing.
Unexpectedly, it was a great time. I walked for a couple of miles in the cold darkness, just singing and thinking out loud.
This is long... I'll shut up now.
Comments